CEMENT AND TERRAZZO TILE INSTALLATION
Printable Installation instructions PDF
- Install on a dry, clean and leveled surface.
- Deposits may appear on the tile surface from humid subsoil.
- Tiles should be laid by hand and without hammering.
- 1/16″ joint line thickness is recommended.
- Cut tiles using a sharp diamond blade in conjunction with water to avoid chipping of edges.
Tiles should be sealed after installation (before grouting) and once again after grouting. Allow 1-2 days for sealer to cure after each application.
Use a penetrating sealer such as Miracle 511 Porous Plus Sealer.
We sell the recommended sealer by the Quart (covers 40-60 sqft) and Gallon (covers 200-250 sqft).
We highly recommend using Mapei Flexcolor CQ grout. Available at Lowe’s and Floor and Decor.
Dark colored grout is not recommended as it can cause stains on the tile that are difficult to remove. However, dark colored grout can be used ONLY if using Mapei Flexcolor CQ grout.
After installation, use a neutral detergent to wash cement tiles.
Any extra residue or mortar should be removed immediately.
Maintenance and Cleaning
Clean tiles regularly with a PH neutral detergent such as Miracle Tile & Stone Cleaner
For occasional heavy duty cleaning use Miracle Heavy Duty Cleaner (Acid Substitute)
For spot cleaning stubborn stains try Miracle Porcelain & Ceramic Tile Cleaner
Buff tiles with white pad when needed.